Step #1: The Initial Consultation
At an initial consultation I do an intake of the following:
- The facts surrounding your history
- A broad overview of the case to determine the charges
- The potential penalties
- The potential strategies and/or defenses
I also try to set realistic expectations for clients as far as how long your case will take, how much money a criminal case will cost, and the factors that will influence how a case may be viewed by not only a judge but also by the District Attorney’s Office.
I also try to take into account the victim in the matter to determine whether the victim is interested in actively pursing the case against a person.
Step #2: If You Retain Me as Your Attorney
I will work closely with you to ensure that you understand the past ramifications, the current situation, and future ramifications of your case.
- I make sure that I am accessible to you
- Will answer any and all questions no matter how complex
- Offer a realistic expectations of what to expect
- Present what role you will play in the case
- Present what role the judge and other parties will play
- Try to anticipate what the opposing side may try to present
- Keep you actively informed at all stages of the proceedings
Additionally, I will teach you areas of the law as we proceed through your case. I do this in an effort to empower you to effectively advocate and make your own decisions regarding legal consequences.
Our Goal: Effective Legal Service
Usually, several meetings are held prior to a court appearance. During these meetings, I will try to gather an entire factual background, case information, and any relevant specifics prior to ever walking into a courtroom. Thereafter, I will ensure that not only I will arrive at court well prepared, but you will be well prepared as well.
Quintal Law offers a wide range of services, including: Litigation, Collaborative Law Services, Conciliation, and Consulting.